[Trash-talk] Distillers cover story in AP magazine - with Shirley quote about Brody

Fox Mulder scully_itsme@hotmail.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:14:30 -0800

The February 2003 issue of ALTERNATIVE PRESS magazine has a cover story on
The Distillers! And there is a boxed mini-article Shirley Manson quote about
Brody Armstrong within the article.

Also, on page 37, there is an add for a band called LUXT (they have an album
coming out called "American Beast" on January 14th) and it says in the add:

"Garbage meets Static-X in Linkin Park's back yard. What the world is
waiting for." - Soundcrush

Anyway, here is the Shirley part of the Distillers piece:

MANSON'S FAMILY

If I were a betting woman, I'd be putting my money on Brody Armstrong to
spearhead the movement of a whole new generation of fiercely talented,
independent and articulate women on the music scene, out of the shadows and
into the mainstream consciousness. There hasn't been a female rock singer of
her caliber in a very long time. Not only is she in possession of an
extraordinarily emotive and powerful voice, but at only 23 years old, with
two albums under her belt and another one on the way, she's a blossoming
songwriter and extremely accomplished guitarist. The fact that she also
happens to be soulful, whip-smart and charismatic doesn't hurt her too much,
either.

All hail Brody Armstrong, I say! For she will deliver us from the hands of
all those vacuous corporate whores who have been faking it on the airwaves
for far too long.

-Shirley Manson

There are also some great photos of The Distillers, and accompanying the
quote there from Shirley is a full-color shot of Brody and Shirley - one of
the ones that was recently added to the image gallery on garbage.com.

xxoo,
Alan