[Trash-talk] subhuman.net ('the garbage fan site') ends in 6 weeks

Shell @ The Garbage Fan Site shell.bryson@digitalharmony.co.uk
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:33:47 -0000

Well, it finally happened. The arrangement with our "free" host ends March
1st leaving us without a host for the site. The problem is, we were hosted
in exchange for design work and support, which means we never paid for
hosting. We now have an issue that the site (even though it's not been
updated in a while) is generating so much traffic now that it's pretty much
uneconomical for us to continue it. We really want to avoid shutting the
site down after 6 years of running. Basically we cant afford to host it from
our own pockets. If anyone has any bright ideas, let me know, cuz I've spent
much of the night talking to unhelpful American providers (UK ones are just
stupidly expensive).

Shell