[Trash-talk] FW: Garbage and The Ramones a Happy Family

Bill Shaw Bill.Shaw at hds.com
Tue Feb 11 10:40:07 PST 2003

+++ WE'RE A HAPPY FAMILY! +++

Wanted to let all of you Garbage fans know that their cover of The Ramones
classic "I Just Wanna Have Something To Do" is featured on WE'RE A HAPPY
FAMILY: A Tribute to The Ramones, out in the U.S. on February 11, 2003
(today). The band's version is awesome, and sounds very Garbagesque. If you
haven't listened to The Ramones before (shame on you), check this tribute
out for an introduction.

Here's a MegaMix of all the tracks. Rob Zombie organized the album and
designed the cover art. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eddie Vedder + Zeke,
Metallica, KISS, Marilyn Manson, Garbage, Green Day, The Pretenders, Rancid,
Pete Yorn, The Offspring, Rooney and Tom Waits all contributed tracks.
Stephen King even wrote the liner notes!

WE'RE A HAPPY FAMILY MegaMix:

<a
href="http://www.electricartists.com/ramones/Ramones_QT.html">Quicktime</a><
br>
<a
href="http://www.electricartists.com/ramones/Ramones_Real.html">RealAudio</a
Lo-Fi</a><br>
Hi-Fi</a><br>

Just the variety of artists contributing to this album should give you an
indication of how important and influential The Ramones were to music
overall, if you didn't already know. (And we hope you did!)

Enjoy!

Scott
garbage at electricartists.com

YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 years old to join any of our Online Street Teams,
contests, or promotions.

If you are providing ElectricArtists with personal information, please read
our privacy policy.
  http://www.electricartists.com/eaprivacy.html