[Trash-talk] Garbage Desktop Theme

Alan Hoppe achoppe at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 9 15:01:09 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Anette *Starvin Marvin* <bowdowntoanette at hotmail.com>

> Oh, d'oh! Sorry.....
> No, she said that to me in Trondheim. She told me about this guy that
> interviewed her the day before and he told her he didn't consider her a
> 'real' musician. She was totally pissed off, and with the poor sales of BG
> in Norway I commented that Norwegians are idiots (which they are..!) and
she
> said "Ye-heah!......You sound like my mum..!". It was rather funny when I
> think about it, but the comment scared me and I didn't say anything I just
> looked at her and I could see she was thinking "oops, I shouldn't have
said
> that...". Hahaha!

Yeah, she probably thought "oh great - she'll repeat this conversation to a
bunch of damn Garbage fanatics on some internet list or club or something,
and all of Norway will join the ranks of Madison, Wisconsin in wanting to
find me and shake me!" or something. haha.

I thought it was a funny exchange when I first read it.

xxoo,
Alan
a quarter Norwegian, a quarter Irish, and a bunch of other stuff I can't
even remember