[Trash-talk] KIAB was fun whoo-hoo!

Bill Shaw Bill.Shaw@hds.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 12:16:46 -0800

Yes it appeared as though the primary reason they were even in town was to
go to the 49er game the next day against their beloved Packers.  In addition
to the band, there were at least 20 to 30 people there from the Madison
area, most of them wearing Packers hats, shirts, jerseys, etc. At least 6 or
8 times during the show they mentioned the upcoming game, and one time even
got a Packers chant going in the bar! They appeared to even outnumber the
49er fans in the audience!

So basically the KIAB gig was put on as tax write-off to offset the cost of
a bunch Green Bay Packers fans flying out for the game! Brilliant...

At least we Bay Area folks got a taste of the KIAB experience! They're
actually a pretty good cover band!  If I can get my shit together, maybe
I'll post an mp3 of something...

Michele has the setlist.  Some highlights were Band On the Run, Jesus is
Just Alright, Yummy Yummy Yummy!, The Joker, American Girl, Get It On,
Cinnamon Girl!

Bill