[Introspective] Final results of poll on the last time you unexpectedly heard PSB music

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Jun 15 21:36:22 PDT 2019

The final results are in for my survey of the past two weeks, in which I
asked my site visitors, to the best of their recollection, when was the
last time they heard music by the Pet Shop Boys when they weren't
*expecting* to hear PSB music. And the choice that received the most
votes was:

* "More than a month ago, but less than a year ago," picked by 36.3% of
the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link
on my "What's New?" page.

As for my new survey for the next two weeks, it's no secret that my
absolute favorite PSB album is "Very." So I've decided to make the "Very
era" the focus of the first of a series of several polls in which I list
the songs recorded and/or released by the Boys during the period
associated with a particular studio album -- including its associated
single b-sides and other non-album songs -- and ask you to pick your
three favorites. So please take a few minutes to check out the list of
songs right there on my home page and choose your three favorites.

By the way, I'm not yet sure whether I'll be doing a poll like this for
every studio album, although I'm definitely planning on doing so for at
least two others, "Behaviour" and "Bilingual." If they prove popular,
I'll probably extend it to other "album eras" as well.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And
I hope you all have a wonderful two weeks ahead!