[Introspective] Final results of poll on three PSB singles for a pre-2000 dance-set

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Aug 10 21:17:07 PDT 2019

The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks, in which I
asked my site visitors to pick the three Pet Shop Boys singles they
would recommend including in a DJ's pre-2000 dance-set. And the three
songs that received the most votes were:

* "Always on My Mind," picked by 36.4% of the voters,
* "Domino Dancing," chosen by 25.0%, and
* "New York City Boy," selected by 23.6%.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link
on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the next two weeks returns to my series of "album era"
surveys, although it may be the last one for a while. This time I'm
jumping to the Boys' self-described "Imperial Phase": the "Actually"
era. What are your three favorite Pet Shop Boys songs from that fabled
period of their career, when they were at their peak of mainstream
commercial popularity? (After all, it accounts for no fewer than three
of their four U.K. #1 singles!) So please take a moment to make your
choices right there on my home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in the previous survey! And I wish you all
a fantastic two weeks ahead!