[Introspective] Final results of poll on the PSB album "Very"

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Oct 6 21:13:42 PDT 2018

The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks, in which I
asked my site visitors their retrospective assessment of the Pet Shop
Boys' 1993 album Very in the wake of the silver anniversary of its
release. And the response that received the most votes was:

* "It may not be their absolute greatest album, but I think Very is
certainly *one* of their best," chosen by a whopping 64.4% of the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link
on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the coming two weeks -- actually, for just a little more
than two weeks (more about that in a moment) -- is based on a widespread
but admittedly debatable premise: that, way back in 1988, the music
video for "Domino Dancing" did irreparable harm to the momentum of the
Pet Shop Boys' career in the United States, resulting in them never
again having a major mainstream hit single there. Site visitor Adrian
Williams suggested that I ask which of their subsequent singles over the
next ten years or so (up through 2000) do you think would have, under
different circumstances, had the greatest chance of having become a
major U.S. hit single. So please mull this over and, when you're ready,
make your selection right there on my home page.

Personal circumstances will prevent me from switching to a new poll
precisely two weeks from now, on October 21. Instead, I won't be able to
conclude this poll until the following day, Monday, October 22 -- and,
depending on your time zone, that be Tuesday, October 23, for you. So
this survey will run until then, after which the one that follows will
run just a little less than two weeks. After that, I plan on resuming my
"traditional" weekly survey schedule.

In the meantime, thanks to Adrian Williams for suggesting this new poll
question. And thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I wish
you all a wonderful two weeks ahead!