[Introspective] Final results of poll on the last time you "evangelized" for PSB

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Mar 10 22:07:05 PST 2018

The final results are in for my poll of the past week, in which I asked
my site visitors when the last time was that they "evangelized" for the
Pet Shop Boys -- that is, tried to convince somebody how good they are
or perhaps even convert them to fandom. And the response chosen by the
largest number of voters was:

* "Within the past year," picked by 22.4% of the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar, or click the appropriate
link on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead is a little more like a "game" even than
usual. I'm using the internet meme "1 Has 2 Go," which has been adopted
and popularized lately by "Billboard" magazine, which often plays it
with celebrities. Known as "the game of impossible choices," the concept
is simple: present people with three admittedly wonderful things and ask
them to choose the one that they would "throw away," with the
understanding that they could then "keep" the other two. So I'm asking
you to "play" this week with three PSB studio albums. Of course,
narrowing them down to just three is a daunting task, the results of
which I'm sure will displease many of you. I've chosen what I firmly
believe -- based on a good deal of experience, not to mention online
research -- are the Pet Shop Boys' three greatest classics, the ones
most generally acclaimed among fans and critics alike: "Actually,"
"Behaviour," and "Very. The rule is that "1 Has 2 Go." You get to choose
the "loser," at least when compared to the other two. So please take all
the time you need to mull this over and, when you're ready, make your
choice right there on my home page. Maybe it will indeed be a tough
choice for you. Maybe not.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
wish you all a terrific week ahead!