[Introspective] Final results of poll on the PSB single that has reached your "lifetime hearing quota"

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Jan 13 22:01:44 PST 2018

The final results are in for my poll of the past week, in which I asked
my site visitors to pick the Pet Shop Boys single that has reached (or
reached most profoundly, or has come closest to reaching)  their
"lifetime hearing quota." And the single that, in this case, earned the
dubious distinction of receiving the most votes was:

* "Go West," chosen by 9.6% of the voters.

It was a close one, however, in which only a single vote separated each
of the top four vote-getters. To see the complete results, please visit
my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select
one of the "Past Survey Results" options in the top navigation bar, or
click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead asks you to imagine that you've been
given the task of compiling a 12-song Pet Shop Boys compilation album
titled "Ballads" -- a collection of their greatest ballads, though
limited to songs that they wrote (or co-wrote) themselves; no covers
allowed. Which 12 PSB songs would you choose for this compilation? So
please make your choices from the candidates I've provided right there
on my home page (including the common "Some other song not listed here"
option). And thanks so much to Bill B. for suggesting this terrific
question!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope
you all have a superb week ahead!