[Introspective] Final results of poll on choosing between PSB live or on DVD

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Feb 3 21:54:57 PST 2018

The final votes are in for my poll of the past week, in which I asked my
site visitors whether, if they *had* to choose (and couldn't have both),
they would prefer buying tickets for and attending a live Pet Shop Boys
concert or buying a DVD/Blu-ray of the same show that they could then
watch as many times as they wish. And the choice that received the
greater number of votes by far was:

* "I would prefer the live show," picked by a whopping 79.5% of the voters.

Normally at this point I suggest that if you want to see the complete
results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link
on my "What's New?" page. Only this time, of course, you should already
know the complete results since there were only two choices.

But there's still a great reason to visit my site, and that's to vote in
this week's new poll. It's inspired by a lengthy conversation I heard on
the radio just a few days ago in which people were discussing a bizarre
scenario in which they could have only one rock/pop studio album (no
hits compilations, live albums, or boxed sets permitted) to listen to
for the rest of their lives, and no other music but that. Under such
extraordinary circumstances, which album would they choose?

So I'm asking you pretty much the same question. If you were faced with
such a difficult decision, do you think you would pick a PSB studio
album -- keeping in mind that it would be the *only* music you could
listen to for a very long time -- or would you prefer an album by
somebody else of your choice? And if you would choose PSB, which studio
album would you pick? So please take some time to contemplate this
question and, when you're ready, make your choice right there on my home
page.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And
I hope you all have a really great week ahead!