[Introspective] Final results of poll on how often you hear PSB music on the radio

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Sep 30 22:03:00 PDT 2017

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked
my site visitors about how often they hear Pet Shop Boys on the radio
these days. And the response that received the most votes was:

* "I never (or hardly ever) listen to the radio," picked by 35.9% of the
voters.

Of those who do listen to the radio, a plurality (21.3%) said that they
hear PSB music "Maybe once every two or three months."

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Response" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate
link on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead was inspired by an interview I heard on
the radio several days ago in which a high-finance entrepreneur was
talking about how his company was negotiating with several pop music
artists to develop arrangements whereby they will offer "shares" or
"bonds" on their past and/or future output, essentially enabling people
to "invest" in their careers. The artists would receive a large upfront
payment from this public offering, and the investors could with time
possibly reap huge rewards from the dividends of their investment -- or,
of course, as with any investment, they could lose their shirts, never
earning back what they had invested. So this made me wonder how many PSB
fans might be willing to "invest in the Pet Shop Boys" in this way.
Would you be interested if the Boys were to engage in such an
enterprise? So please mull this over and, when you're ready, make your
choice from the options listed right there on my home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all
have a very profitable week ahead!