[Introspective] Final results of Part 2 of poll on whether PSB music videos enhance each single

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Oct 21 22:30:31 PDT 2017

The final results are in for my poll this past week, the second half of
my question on whether the Pet Shop Boys' music videos enhance, detract
from, or have no significant effect on your enjoyment or appreciation of
their respective singles. And the video that the largest number of
voters felt enhanced its single was:

* "I Don't Know What You Want But I Can't Give It Any More," which 77.7%
of the voters felt enhanced the song.

The video that the largest number of voters felt detracted from its song
was:

* "Home and Dry," picked by 60.9% as the most "detracting" video.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar, or click the appropriate
link on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead may seem somewhat trivial or even silly.
But I'm sensitive to the complaints I get from time to time about how
many of my surveys are "too long" and offer too many choices. So this
one offers only a few. I remember reading a comment, quite some time
ago, by a record reviewer who seemed to attach undue significance to the
fact that the first three studio albums by the Pet Shop Boys -- Please,
Actually, and Introspective -- as well as the album they then produced
for Liza Minnelli, Results, each include a song written by them that
begins with the words "I Want." He believed it suggested something about
the Boys being selfish and acquisitive. But seeing as how these four
songs were once singled out in this (in my opinion) absurd way, I
figured it might nevertheless be fun to ask you to pick the one that's
your own personal favorite. So that's my question: which Tennant-Lowe
song beginning with the words "I Want" is your favorite? You have four
to choose from. So please take a moment to make your choice right there
on my home page.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And
I hope -- and, yes, I *want* --  you all to have a superb week ahead!