[Introspective] Final results of Part 1 of poll on music videos' effect on appreciating PSB singles

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Oct 14 21:51:01 PDT 2017

The final results are in for my poll this past week, Part 1 of a
two-part survey in which I'm asking my site visitors to indicate whether
each official music video for the Pet Shop Boys' singles enhances,
detracts from, or has no significant effect on their enjoyment and/or
appreciation of the song. This first part dealt with the "first half" of
the PSB canon of singles thus far. And the video that received the most
votes for enhancing appreciation of the song was:

* "Can You Forgive Her?" picked by 76.0% of the voters as having
enhanced the song.

Meanwhile, the video that received the most votes for having detracted
from the song was:

* "Left to My Own Devices," selected by 32.6% of the voters (although in
its defense, even more voters, 38.8%, indicated that the video had no
significant effect on their appreciation of the song).

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link
on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead is, of course, "Part 2," in which I'm
asking the exact same question of the "second half" of the Boys' videos
and singles. Which videos enhanced, detracted from, and had no
significant effect on your appreciation of its song? So please, when
you're ready, make your choices right there on my home page. And thanks
again to Andrew Smith for suggesting this question!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I wish you
all a marvelous week ahead!