[Introspective] Final results of poll on the "Undertow" single tracks

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat May 6 22:13:17 PDT 2017

site visitors how much they liked (or disliked) each of the tracks
associated with the Pet Shop Boys' most recent single release,
"Undertow." And the choices made by the largest numbers of voters were:

* "Undertow" - Tuff City Kids Remix: 42.9% "like it"
* "Left to My Own Devices" - Super Version: 38.4% "like it"
* "Burn" - Baba Stiltz Remix: 37.1% "hate it"
* "Undertow" - Tuff City Kids Dub: 58.7% "haven't heard it"

Quite unusually for a poll with multiple choices like this, all of the
plurality votes happened to coincide with my own votes. To see the
complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and either select one of the "Past
Survey Results" options from the top navigation bar or click the
appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.

Perhaps somewhat surprisingly, my new poll for the week ahead will once
again run for two weeks -- but this time not because I'm going on
sabbatical. On the contrary, I plan on being active and "available" the
whole time (knock on wood). Rather, I have several other reasons for
allowing it to run for two weeks, not the least of which is that it's a
"sequel" to my other recent two-week survey, during which I asked you to
pick your favorite three-album sequence of consecutive PSB studio
albums. This time I'm asking you to choose your favorite three
consecutive *singles* by the Boys, and I think it's only fair to allow
everyone just as much time to vote on the question of singles as on the
one for albums. So please take a few minutes to make your choice right
there on my home page. And thanks so much to Retrofuturist for offering
this terrific suggestion!

By the way, I know that the matter of which releases should be
considered "singles" is open to debate, and no matter what choices I
make, someone will be displeased. I've listed a number of "rules" and
caveats with regard to my selection of singles, which is based on their
U.K. releases. If my choices don't please you, please accept my
apologies, but there's nothing I can do about it once people start
voting. The choices are what they are, and I ask your understanding and
indulgence.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And
I hope you all have an exceptional week ahead!