[Introspective] Final results of poll on buying the PSB album reissues

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Fri Jun 30 21:08:34 PDT 2017

As I mentioned the other day, I'm making the switch from my old PSB poll
to a new one a little early on account of something unexpected coming up
that makes it impossible for me to do the "switch" tomorrow as
originally planned. So -- the final results are in for my poll of the
past two weeks (well, one day shy of two weeks), in which I asked my
site visitors whether they were planning to buy the upcoming reissues of
the Pet Shop Boys albums Nightlife, Release, and Fundamental. And, not
surprisingly, the response that received the most votes was:

* "Yes, I'm buying all of them!" picked by a whopping 71.5% of the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link
on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the next two weeks asks you to imagine yourself in the
following scenario -- You've been asked by a DJ to put together a
"killer, kick-ass dance set" -- to which people will actually be dancing
-- consisting of exactly *five* Pet Shop Boys songs, most of which had
made it onto the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart (or its antecedents by
other names). So which five would you pick? Please take a few moments to
check out the choices I've made available to you right there on my home
page and make your selections. And thanks so much to porkchopkid for
suggesting this great question (which I've modified a bit from his
original suggestion).

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's poll. I wish you all
a wonderful weekend and a great week ahead. (And please note that I will
be unavailable -- pretty much out of touch, without access to my
computer or my website -- for the next two days. I hope to be back,
however, by Monday.)