[Introspective] Final results of poll on "West End Girls" Bobby O vs. Stephen Hague

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Oct 1 22:01:45 PDT 2016

site visitors whether they preferred the original Bobby O-produced
single of "West End Girls" or the later big hit single version produced
by Stephen Hague. And, probably not surprisingly, the choice that
received the most votes was:

* "I *much* prefer the Stephen Hague version!" picked by a whopping
73.3% of the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link
on my "What's New?" page.

As promised, this week's poll is the latest the latest edition of my
ongoing Rating Project, in which I ask you to rate Pet Shop Boys songs
on a scale of 0 to 10 as they compare to other songs in the PSB
catalogue, with 0 meaning "one of the worst songs they've ever
recorded," 5 meaning "an average PSB song," and 10 meaning "one of their
all-time best recordings." This time I'm asking you to rate the four
bonus songs that accompanied the Boys' two most recent singles (we've
already rated "In Bits" and "One Hit Wonder," the b-sides for the first
"Super" single), as well as "Brick England" and a track from 2014 that I
had previously neglected to ask you to rate, "Oppressive (The Best Gay
Possible)." (Thanks so much to Daniel B. for writing last week to remind
me that I had overlooked "Oppressive" in my Rating Project.) So please
take a few moments to register and submit your ratings right there on my
home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all
have a fantastic week ahead!