[Introspective] Final results of poll on relative overall quality of "Super"

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Apr 30 22:06:11 PDT 2016

site visitors their overall general opinion of the Pet Shop Boys' most
recent studio album "Super" in terms of its relative quality compared to
their other albums. And those results are most unusual in that there
turned out to be a tie for first place -- and extremely rare occurrence
within my weekly surveys! So the responses that received the most votes
were:

* "It may not be their best, but I think it's one of their better albums"
AND
* "I think it's pretty much an 'average' PSB album, with about as many
other PSB albums that are better as ones that aren't as good," each of
which was selected by 35.3% of the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link
on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead is something of a rerun of a question
that I asked as recently as December 2013. But it makes perfect sense to
ask again in the wake of "Super." Previously I asked voters how they
felt about Neil's idea that the then-recent "Electric" might be the
first in a possible trilogy of PSB albums produced by Stuart Price. Now
that two-thirds of that possible trilogy is complete and you've heard
how it turns out for two albums rather than just one, I'm asking whether
you think Price should indeed produce the next PSB studio album, thereby
making this trilogy a reality? So please take a moment to make your
choice from the options provided right there on my home page.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And
I hope you all have a fantastic week ahead!