[Introspective] Final results of poll on the "release strategy" to date of the PSB x2 label

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Sep 26 22:08:19 PDT 2015

site visitors about their level of satisfaction with regard to the "release
strategy" to date of the Pet Shop Boys' own record label, x2. And the
response that received the most votes was:

* "Somewhat satisfied," selected by 23.7% of the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on
my "What's New?" page.

I get a kick out of polls occasionally run by fellow fans on other websites
that ask us to pick our favorite PSB track from a group of songs determined
by a somewhat arbitrary criterion, such as those starting with a certain
letter of the alphabet -- for instance, your favorite Pet Shop Boys song
that starts with the letter B. As much as I enjoy seeing the results of such
polls, I could never bring myself to run such an "alphabet-based" survey
because my own sense of balance and need for completion would virtually
force me to run one for every letter of the alphabet. No, I'm not going to
go down that path. But for this week's poll I've decided to ask just such a
question using an arbitrary criterion that won't tempt me to embark on a
long series of sequels or follow-ups: What is your favorite PSB-composed
song that begins with the pronoun "I"? Please, when you get the chance,
check out the list right there on my home page, mull it over, and choose
your personal favorite.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
hope you all have a superb week ahead!