[Introspective] Final results of poll on "camp" in the work and career of the Pet Shop Boys

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Nov 7 22:13:52 PST 2015

site visitors about the extent to which they believe "camp" has played a
role in the Pet Shop Boys' work and career. And the response that received
the most votes was:

* "Noticeable, but minor. There's been some camp from time to time, but not
nearly as much or as often as some people seem to believe," chosen by 55.0%
of the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" option in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on
my "What's New?" page.

My new poll this week is somewhat more complex than most, so I hope it
doesn't put you off. I happened to notice a few weeks ago that the three
consecutive studio albums that I regard as the core of the Pet Shop Boys'
"middle period" -- Very, Bilingual, and Nightlife -- each have 12 tracks (at
least if you count the conclusion of Very with "Go West" and "Postscript" as
a single track, which is indeed how they were officially tracked on the
album). This got me to thinking about comparing them on a track-by-track
basis. In other words, of those three albums, which one's first track is
your favorite? And which second track? And so on, right on through to their
respective final tracks. So you get to make 12 choices.

But, if that weren't enough, when I found that I had a relatively difficult
time making one of those choices myself -- that is, I found myself somewhat
"pained" to be forced to choose for one of the tracks -- I realized that
would make a terrific "bonus" question! So I'm also asking you that: which
of those 12 choices was the most difficult for you to make? (And in case
none of them were difficult, I offer an option for that, too.) So please
take a few moments to make your choices right there on my home page.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
hope you all have a great week ahead!