[Introspective] Final results of poll on PSB album lead singles

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat May 30 22:12:50 PDT 2015

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors to indicate, for each of the Pet Shop Boys' studio albums,
whether they believe its lead single was the best choice for serving that
function, or whether they feel another song from that album would have made
a better lead single. And the responses that came out on top were:

* "It's a Sin," "Love etc." " Can You Forgive Her?" "So Hard," "Domino
Dancing," and "Home and Dry" were each declared the best choice of lead
single from their respective albums by the majority or plurality of voters
(with "It's a Sin" faring the best with 85.1% of the vote), and

* "Winner," "Before," "Opportunities (Let's Make Lots of Money)," "I'm with
Stupid," "Axis," and "I Don't Know What You Want But I Can't Give It Any
More" were each declared NOT to be the best choice of lead single from their
respective albums by a majority or plurality of voters (with "Winner" faring
the worst with 74.3% of the vote).

To see the complete, more detailed results, please visit my "Commentary"
site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click one of the "Past
Survey Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate
link on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead extends deep into the realm of fantasy. Using
the time-travel premise of the popular "Back to the Future" movies, I'm
wondering what you would most prefer to do if you could go back to the time
and place where Chris and Neil first met: that hi-fi shop on London's King's
Road on August 19, 1981. Some of the options you can choose from are frankly
somewhat shocking -- but the implications can be dire if you're going to
step back and fiddle around with history. So please check out the options
right there on my home page and choose the one that most closely reflects
what you would most want to do. And thanks to Daniel Dannypannic for
suggesting this remarkable question!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you
all have a fabulous week ahead!