[Introspective] Final results of poll on "disappointing" PSB albums

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Mar 14 22:11:37 PDT 2015

site visitors whether they had ever been disappointed in a Pet Shop Boys
album and, if so, which one(s). And, perhaps not surprisingly, the album
that received the most votes was:

* "Disco 2," chosen as a "disappointment" by 38.2% of the voters.

Incidentally, 17.5% of the voters said that they had *never* been
disappointed in a PSB album. To see the complete results, please visit my
"Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of
the "Past Survey Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the
appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead goes from disappointment to anything but. I'm
asking you to pick what you consider to be the two consecutive Pet Shop Boys
studio albums that together constitute their strongest "knock-out punch" --
the pair of back-to-back albums that would be most likely to convince
someone who is completely unfamiliar with the Boys that they're real
"championship contenders," to so speak. So please mull this over and, when
you're ready, make your choice right there on my home page.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
hope for you the week ahead is a real knockout -- in a *good* way, of
course!