[Introspective] Final results of poll on whether "A Man from the Future" will be released

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Jul 11 22:06:06 PDT 2015

site visitors whether they believe the Tennant-Lowe composition about Alan
Turing, "A Man from the Future," will ever be released as a studio
recording. And the response that received the largest number of votes was:

* "I doubt it will ever be released on account of its limited commercial
appeal," chosen by 31.1% of the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on
my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead is inspired by an article I read some time
ago about artists' "signature songs" -- the particular songs that, despite
having had many other hits, certain established artists are best known for
and are most closely identified with. In some cases they become the artist's
virtual "theme song," or at least the song that they nearly always perform
in their live performances. With this in mind, I think most of us would
agree that, if the Pet Shop Boys have a signature song of their own, it's
their first big hit, "West End Girls." The song they're best known for and
most closely identified with -- right? So I'm wondering what you think of
this. Do you believe "West End Girls" is a good signature song for them?
Does it serve them well in that capacity? Or would it have been better if a
different song had become their signature song? Or, for that matter, do you
even agree with the premise that "West End Girls" *is* the PSB signature
song? Please mull this over and make your choice from the options provided
right there on my home page.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
hope you all have a superb week ahead!