[Introspective] Final results of poll on which PSB albums "captured the Zeitgeist"

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Sep 6 22:11:58 PDT 2014

site visitors to indicate, for each of the Pet Shop Boys' studio albums,
whether they think it captured the Zeitgeist (the "spirit of the age") or
whether they feel it was more "backward-looking" or "forward-looking." And
to summarize the results, majorities or pluralities of voters said that:

* Most PSB albums -- Please, Actually, Very, Nightlife, Fundamental, Yes,
and Electric -- "captured the Zeitgeist";
* Release and Elysium are more "backward-looking" albums; and
* Introspective, Behaviour, and Bilingual are more "forward-looking" albums.

The greatest degree of agreement among voters was with the Boys' very first
album Please, for which 80.8% of the voters felt it captured the Zeitgeist.
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and choose one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top nav bar or click the appropriate link on my
"What's New?" page.

For the first time in more than a month, my new survey for the week ahead
doesn't ask you to make multiple choices. But it is, I believe, somewhat
provocative. Do you believe the Boys' "best years" -- however you personally
wish to define "best years" -- are still ahead of them? Or do you feel their
best years are now behind them? Of course, "best years" can mean different
things to different people. You might prefer to define them from a
commercial or more "economic" perspective. Perhaps you view them in terms of
popularity and name-recognition. Or maybe you would define them in a more
artistic or aesthetic sense. Or it could even be a combination of assorted
factors. Whatever the case, it's up to you. Thanks so much to porkchopkid
for suggesting this (as I said) provocative question!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you
all have a great week ahead!