[Introspective] Final results of poll on your top five "PSB fandom factors"

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Oct 18 22:04:04 PDT 2014

site visitors to choose up to five factors that contribute most to them
being a fan of the Pet Shop Boys. And the five factors that received the
most votes are:

* "The intelligence and general excellence of their lyrics," chosen by 73.0%
of the voters,
* "The beauty of their melodies," selected by 61.9%,
* "Their terrific 'musical style' and instrumental arrangements," picked by
52.6%,
* "Their innovation, inventiveness, and imagination," selected by 31.9%, and
* "Synthpop and/or dance music in general -- and they're among the best at
it," chosen by 28.2%.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar, or click the appropriate link on
my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead focuses on the producers the Pet Shop Boys
have employed to produce their albums. I'm wondering, of those who produced
half or more of any particular PSB album (either "alone" or in collaboration
with Chris and Neil), which are, in your opinion, the best producer and the
one you would most like for them to tap again as producer for some future
album. (The two may not necessarily be the same; that's entirely up to you.)
Thanks so much to Andrea Grasso for suggesting this question. (Actually,
it's only half of the suggestion;the other half would prove much more
challenging for me to manage as a poll question, so I may or may not be able
to get to it at a later date.)

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you
all have a wonderful week ahead!