[Introspective] Final results of poll on whether Elysium was a "contractual obligation album"

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Nov 29 22:01:22 PST 2014

site visitors whether they believe that the Pet Shop Boys' 2012 album
"Elysium" was a "contractual obligation album" that they created with
relatively little enthusiasm to fulfill their contract with EMI before
leaving for their own label. And the response that received the most votes
was:

* "No, I totally disagree!" chosen by 42.6% of the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on
my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead is a rerun of a question that I've asked at
least twice before, most recently in 2010. But as I generally like to do
with such reruns, I'm giving it a twist this time around. I'm asking you to
choose your favorite officially released (on CD and/or vinyl) cover by the
Pet Shop Boys of a song written by another artist -- but *not* counting
those that the Boys released as singles (a-sides, that is). So such very
popular covers as "Always on My Mind" and "Go West" are out of the running.
Thanks to porkchopkid for suggesting this rerun -- although it was my idea
to add that twist for this go-round, which I think will make things a little
more interesting and somewhat less predictable.

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you
all have a superb week ahead!