[Introspective] Final results of poll on whether PSB has become "too gay"

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 29 22:16:53 PDT 2014

site visitors whether they believe the Pet Shop Boys have become "too gay."
And the response that received the most votes was:

* "I dispute the very premise of the question. It's no more legitimate than
asking whether someone is 'too straight,'" chosen by 26.9% of the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and choose one of the options (either in
the top navigation bar or on my "What's New?" page) that will take you to
the Past Survey Results.

My new poll for the week ahead is unusual in that I'm asking you to make a
choice from among songs you've never heard before. In fact, as far as I
know, no one aside from Chris and Neil themselves and perhaps a handful of
people with whom they've worked closely has heard the documented but
unreleased songs that this poll focuses on. So how are you supposed to
choose from them? Well, based simply on what we do know about them,
generally from information the Boys have revealed. I've chosen seven such
unreleased and "unheard" Tennant-Lowe compositions that most intrigue me,
and I'm asking which of them, based simply on what we know about them, you
would *most* like for our musical heroes to complete and release. So please
take a moment to make your choice from the songs I've listed right there on
my home page.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope
you all have a delightful week ahead!