[Introspective] Final results of poll on main means of listening to PSB

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 22 22:08:00 PDT 2014

site visitors how they most often listen to the Pet Shop Boys' music
nowadays. And the response that received the most votes was:

* "mp3s or other audio files on some device other than a computer (such as a
smartphone or mp3 player)," chosen by 37.0% of the voters.

In fact, when you count the other "mp3" option as well (listening to them on
one's computer), mp3s and other audio files substantially outweigh all other
current listening formats combined. To see the complete results, please
visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and choose
an appropriate options from the top navigation features or the appropriate
link from my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead will probably be more controversial than
most. You see, in the wake of some recent PSB output -- such as the recent
b-side "Odd Man Out" and especially their Panti Bliss track "Oppressive (The
Best Gay Possible)," not to mention their upcoming "A Man from the Future"
project -- I've read some comments online and have even received a few
emails that suggest that the Boys have become "too gay" of late. These fans
seem to feel that, while a little gay-related material is OK and to be
expected, or maybe even a great deal so long as it's subtle, perhaps Chris
and Neil have recently been overboard and/or too obvious with it. So please
make the choice that comes closest to expressing your own opinion about this
from the options provided there on my home page.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
hope you all have a superb week ahead!