[Introspective] Final results of poll on "decade PSBs"

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 8 22:07:54 PST 2014

site visitors how they think they might feel about the various "decade Pet
Shop Boys" if they had actually been a different band for each decade of
their existence. And the options that received the most votes were:

* For 1980s PSB, "They would be my all-time favorite recording artist,"
chosen by 33.7% of the voters.

* For 1990s PSB, "They would be my favorite of that decade, but not of all
time," picked by 41.2% of the voters.

* For 2000s PSB, "They would be *one* of my favorites of that decade, but
not my absolute favorite," chosen by 40.1%.

* And for 2010s PSB, "They would be my favorite of that decade, but not of
all time," selected by 38.4%.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and choose one of the appropriate
options from the top nav bar or on my "What's New?" page.

I made a last-minute change of plans for my new poll for the week ahead. As
you probably know by now, a brand new Pet Shop Boys track titled "Oppressive
(The Best Gay Possible)" -- and absolutely authentic -- appeared yesterday
(Saturday) on SoundCloud. (Here's the link:
https://soundcloud.com/rory-brendan/the-best-gay-possible.) So I'm asking
about your early impression of this track in terms of whether and how much
you like it. So please, if you haven't heard it yet, try to do so. And when
you're ready, please make your choice from the options provided right there
on my home page.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
hope you all have a week ahead that's not oppressive in the least! ;-)