[Introspective] Final results of poll on whether PSB performs live too much

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 12 22:26:34 PDT 2014

site visitors whether they believe the Pet Shop Boys tour and perform live
too often these days. And the response that received the largest number of
votes was:

* "No, I think they tour and perform live about the right amount these
days," chosen by 40.7% of the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top nav bar or click the appropriate link on my
"What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead is inspired by an article in an issue of
Esquire magazine about a year ago. The author discussed "very short songs,"
which he defined as songs less than 90 seconds in length (a famous example
being the Beatles' "Her Majesty" at the end of their "Abbey Road" album).
This got me to thinking about very short Pet Shop Boys songs. And *that* got
me wondering what you might consider to be their greatest very short song.
Now, there are very, very few PSB songs less than 90 seconds in length, so
for the purposes of this survey I've expanded the definition to include
songs less than 3 minutes in length. I'm also limiting the choices to songs
officially released on CD, excluding remixes, "edits," and tracks released
under the "Tennant/Lowe" moniker (as opposed to "Pet Shop Boys"). That gives
us a good number of 12 to choose from (assuming I haven't overlooked any).
So please check out the choices right there on my home page and choose the
one that you think is best.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope
you all have a great week ahead!