[Introspective] Final results of poll on whether your opinion of Electric has changed

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 8 23:54:28 PST 2014

The results are in for my poll this past week, in which I asked my site
visitors if their opinion of the Pet Shop Boys' most recent album "Electric"
has changed significantly since shortly after they first heard it and, if
so, how. And the response chosen by a majority of voters was:

* "No, my opinion hasn't changed. I like it now about as much as I did early
on," selected by a whopping 60.4% of the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click one of the options that will
take you to "Past Survey Results," such as choosing it from the drop-down
menu near the top, or selecting the appropriate link on my "What's New?"
page.

My new poll for the week ahead concerns the way in which our perceptions of
what constitutes a "hit" varies among us. After all, just because a song is
released as a single doesn't necessarily mean that it's a "hit." So longtime
site visitor NastyChris from Italy suggested that I ask what you consider to
be the Pet Shop Boys' last -- that is, most recent -- hit single. Was their
most recent single, "Thursday," indeed a hit? Were any of the singles from
"Electric" hits? Or do you have to go farther back in PSB history to find
their most recent hit? To be honest, if I were to ask my fellow Americans --
at least those who aren't dedicated fans (like most of us) but with good
memories and at least some substantive familiarity with the Boys -- what
their "last" hit was, many if not most would probably say "Domino Dancing,"
their final U.S. Top 40 single. But of course the Boys have been far more
commercially successful and have enjoyed many more hits in the U.K. and
other countries. So what do *you* think? Thanks, NastyChris, for proposing
this intriguing question!

And thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope
your week ahead proves a real "hit," too! ;-)