[Introspective] Final results of poll on "Four Songs in A Minor"

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Aug 30 22:07:19 PDT 2014

site visitors their opinions of various aspects of "Four Songs in A Minor"
performed at last month's "Pet Shop Boys Night" at the BBC Proms. And the

Overall:

* "It was OK -- I neither particularly liked it nor disliked it," chosen by
30.8% of the voters.

Regarding Chrissie Hynde's vocals:

* "I didn't like Chrissie Hynde's vocals," picked by 32.2%.

Regarding the orchestral arrangements:

* "I liked the orchestral arrangements," selected by 59.1%. (This was the
single most popular opinion of the poll overall, and the only one chosen by
a majority as opposed to just a plurality.)

Regarding the choice of songs:

* "I liked the choice of songs," picked by 38.8%.

And regarding Neil's duet with Chrissie on "Rent":

* "I liked Neil's duet with Chrissie on 'Rent,'" chosen by 48.6%.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on
my "What's New?" page.

My new survey for the week ahead asks you to make a choice for each of the
Pet Shop Boys' 12 studio albums to date. Which ones do you feel "captured
the Zeitgeist" (that is, the "spirit of the age"), and which do you feel
were either "backward-looking" (or "behind the times") or "forward-looking"
(or "ahead of its time")? Please take a few moments to mull this over and
then make  your choices right there on my home page. And thanks so much to
Tan Sam for suggesting this intriguing question.

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you
all have a terrific week ahead. And a very happy and safe Labor Day to my
fellow Americans and anyone else who observes that particular holiday! Take
care!