[Introspective] Final results of poll on PSB singles of 2010s...

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 13 16:44:45 PDT 2014

After about 48 hours without internet service (a massive outage with my ISP,
affecting thousands of their customers), I'm finally back online! Woo-hoo!
So I've *finally* posted the final results of my poll this past week, in
which I asked my site visitors which of the Pet Shop Boys' singles of the
2010s they believe would have been the biggest hit (or most likely to have
been a big hit at all) if PSB were a young band, pretty much just starting
out. And the song that received the most votes was:

* "Thursday," chosen by 34.9% of the voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click one of the Past Survey Results
options in the top nav bar or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?"
page.

My new poll for the week ahead is inspired by recent speculation about the
future of the Pet Shop Boys' official Fan Club and/or its periodic
publication "Literally." Some fans whose time it was to renew their
subscriptions have reportedly been told that the future of the Fan Club and
"Literally" is currently being re-evaluated. So I'm wondering how you feel
about the prospect of the end of the Fan Club and/or "Literally." Please
check out the options I've provided there on my home page and choose the one
that comes closest to matching your own feelings. And thanks so much to
Josie for suggesting this excellent question!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey -- and to
everyone who has expressed concern about my having temporarily "vanished" on
account of my ISP troubles or who may have been inconvenienced in any way.
(I'll be responding to individual emails shortly.) I really appreciate your
understanding and patience. (And, yes, I'm going to be shopping soon for a
possible new ISP.) I hope you all have a terrific week ahead!