[Introspective] DJ mix

hjs15 at columbia.edu hjs15 at columbia.edu
Fri May 17 16:01:37 PDT 2013

Hello all,

In anticipation of 'Electric', I'm going back through my PSB dance mix
collection and thought I'd share a mix with my comrades here on this
list on which I've semi-lurked since practically the dawn of the
internet.

http://www.mixcloud.com/HughSharpe/and-ever-disco-forever-part-3/

This was the bonus third part of a two-disc (heh- remember those?) DJ
mix set I called 'DISCO Forever' which I put together right after
Disco 4 came out.  It contains tracks I still had left over from the
main session.

I don't have the track list handy at the moment, but you hardcore fans
will be able to put one together, I'm certain.  It opens with 'A Red
Letter Day [Trouser Enthusiasts Congo Dongo Dubstramental]' and goes
on from there.

I'll only have this posted for a short time, so grab it while you can.

*****
As an aside, I'm probably more excited about Electric than anything
PSB announced in ages.  Reading Stuart Price describe his desire to
emulate the vibe of DISCO made my heart leap.

As a boy, I asked for three albums for Christmas in December 1986- Pet
Shop Boys 'Please', Simple Minds 'Once Upon A Time', and Wham!'s
'Music From The Edge Of Heaven'.  My parents, not knowing any better,
got me DISCO instead. I was a bit confused, but put it into my new
Sony boom box and became instantly addicted to it.  Not only that, my
parents became addicted to it. It's probably one of my most-played
albums ever, and it introduced me to the whole concept of the remix.
You mean there's a nine-minute version of 'West End Girls'?  Yes
please!  I started seeking out their vinyl 12"s and the rest is history.

Anyway, I have the first two sessions, but they're indexed.  I need to
combine them down into single files, then I'll pop them up too.

Cheers and happy weekend!

-Hugh