[Introspective] Final results of poll on whether PSB has been moving away from dance music

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 23 22:16:37 PST 2013

site visitors whether they agree with the opinion that the Pet Shop Boys
have, over the past decade or so, been moving away from dance music. And the
response that received the largest number of votes was:

* "No, I don't agree with that assessment at all," selected by 33.9% of the
voters.

It should be noted, however, that although the "No, I don't agree" option
received a plurality of the votes, it was outnumbered almost two-to-one by
the total for the various "Yes, I agree" options. To see the complete
results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
button in the navigation bar.

For this week's new poll, please consider this: if the Boys were to release
a new album that compiled many of their cover versions of other artists'
songs -- let's say they're calling it Covers -- which of their cover songs
would you most want them to include? Ah, but there's a catch! Let's also say
that Neil and Chris have decided to limit the number of songs on this
imaginary album to twelve, with ten of them having been previously released,
plus two "bonus tracks" being covers that they have indeed recorded or at
least performed live (documented facts!) but which have never been
officially released on CD. I would like for you, based on these criteria, to
choose the twelve. So please mull this over and make your selections right
there on my home page. And thanks so much to Dave F. for suggesting the
basic premise of this question (more than a year ago!), which I've modified
slightly.

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I hope you all
have a superb week ahead!