[Introspective] Final results of poll on ranking PSB studio album covers

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 16 22:03:39 PST 2013

site visitors to rank the covers of the Pet Shop Boys studio albums from #1
to #11, with #1 being their favorite PSB album cover (or the one they
consider the "best") and #11 being their least favorite (or "worst"), along
with everything in between. And the album cover that came out on top was:

* "Actually," with an average ranking of 3.472, and also chosen as #1 by the
largest number of voters.

And the PSB album cover that came out dead last? That dubious distinction
goes to "Release," with an average ranking of 8.179. Not so coincidentally,
it was also picked as #11 by the largest number of voters.

button in the navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead doesn't involve ratings or rankings. Instead,
it's based on an observation made recently by one of my site visitors, who
said that he believes the Pet Shop Boys have been moving away over the past
decade or more (ever since "Release") from dance music so "softer," more
contemplative, more ballad-oriented songs. He was wondering whether you, his
fellow fans, agree with this assessment. And, if so, how do you feel about
it? So please mull this over and then make your choice from the options
provided right there on my home page. And thanks so much to Paulo for
suggesting this intriguing question!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you
all have a fantastic week ahead!