[Introspective] Final results of poll on matching Elysium songs to other albums

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 20 22:11:47 PDT 2013

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors to match up each song on "Elysium" to a different one of the
Pet Shop Boys' preceding studio albums in terms of the ones on which they
would best "fit." And the match-ups made by pluralities of voters were:

* "Leaving" assigned to "Behaviour" by 25.9% of the voters
* "Invisible" also assigned to "Behaviour," in this case by 30.9% of the
voters
* "Winner" assigned to a theoretical hits collection by 22.8%
* "Your Early Stuff" matched with "Please" by 15.4%
* "A Face Like That" assigned to "Please" by 20.5%
* "Breathing Space" matched with "Release" by 38.6%
* "Ego Music" assigned to "Relentless" by 23.2%
* "Hold On" assigned to "Nightlife" by 14.7%
* "Give It a Go" matched with "Bilingual" and with "Release" by 13.5% each
(a tie)
* "Memory of the Future" assigned to "Yes" by 17.0%
* "Everything Means Something" matched with "Fundamental" by 20.8&
* "Requiem in Denim and Leopardskin" assigned to "Bilingual" by 18.1%

It's worth noting that although each individual voter could not assign a
song to more than one album or an album to more than one song, there was
nothing to prevent such "doubling up" in the final tallies. At any rate, to
see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
button in the navigation bar.

After my past few polls being fairly complicated, I figured it was time for
a much simpler poll. So this week I'm asking a simple Yes/No question,
although I do offer a third "I don't know and/or I don't care" choice. There
has apparently been some disagreement among fans as to whether
"Introspective" is really a PSB "studio album." That is, some consider it a
remix album instead. So I'm wondering what *you* think. Do you consider
"Introspective" a studio album? (And if you're not sure what a "studio
album" is, I offer a brief explanation along with the polling question
itself.) So please take just a moment to register your opinion on this
matter right there on my home page. And thanks to Gordon Gray (skyhigh) for
suggesting this question!

By the way, sometime within the next day or two I will probably be entering
a brief period of "radio silence" that may last anywhere from 24 to 48
hours. During this time I won't have access to my computer, to email, or to
other online messages, nor will I be able to make any updates to my website.
But I should be back onboard, so to speak, very shortly thereafter.

At any rate, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope
you all have a marvelous week ahead!