[Introspective] Final results of poll on never-performed Alternative and Format songs for next tour

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 15 22:03:26 PDT 2012

site visitors to choose, from among the songs on the Pet Shop Boys' b-sides
collections "Alternative" and "Format" that they've never performed live,
the five that they would most like the Boys to perform on their 2013 tour.
And the five songs that received the most votes were:

* "After the Event," chosen by 29.3% of the voters,
* "The Resurrectionist," picked by 28.5%,
* "Miserablism," selected by 22.8%,
* "I Didn't Get Where I Am Today," also chosen by 22.8%, and
* "Delusions of Grandeur," picked by 22.6%.

button in the navigation bar.

To be sure, it's too soon for most of us to come to a long-term conclusion
about the new album "Elysium." But now that it's been officially "out" for
about a week, I figure it's OK to ask about your early impression of its
overall quality compared to other PSB studio albums. Do you think it's their
very best -- or their very worst? Better than most, worse than most, or
about average? Please mull this over and, when you're ready, make your
choices from the options I've provided right there on my home page. I've
even included an option for those of you who haven't heard it yet, although
if that should be the case, you may wish to hold off on voting until late in
the week, just in case you get to hear it before the poll ends next Sunday.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
wish you all a wonderful week!