[Introspective] Final results of poll on most anticipated "Elysium" track

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 1 22:11:50 PDT 2012

site visitors, based on what they've read and heard so far, which track from
the Pet Shop Boys' upcoming album "Elysium" (aside from the already familiar
"Invisible" and "Winner") they're most looking forward to hearing in its
entirety (or, if they've already heard them all in their entirety, in full
audio fidelity). And the song that received the most votes is:

* "Leaving," chosen by 23.9% of the voters.

button in the navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead switches the focus from "Elysium" to the 2013
tour that the Boys have been talking about recently. I'm wondering which of
various tracks that they've never performed live (at least as far as I know)
you would most like for them to perform on this next tour. I'm asking you to
choose up to five. And to reduce the number of choices, right now I'm not
including single b-sides that haven't appeared on studio albums (so most of
the tracks on "Alternative" and "Format" don't count), tracks from "Closer
to Heaven" or "The Most Incredible Thing," and songs that they've written
for others. I do plan on having a follow-up "sequel" to this week's poll in
which you'll get to choose from among those as well. At any rate, thanks so
much to Robert Schulz for suggesting this question quite some time ago. I'm
asking it now because it seems a highly opportune time to do so. After
all -- who knows? -- maybe Neil and Chris may be influenced by the outcome.
;-)

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you
all have a superb week ahead!