[Introspective] Unearthing The Metal Underground: The Synth Metal Scene

Don Ackerman the.ackermans at juno.com
Tue Oct 16 18:52:53 PDT 2012

Had to share this interesting gem:

Unearthing The Metal Underground: The Synth Metal Scene
posted Oct 15 2012 at 9:47 AM by Diamond Oz.

Every week in Unearthing the Metal Underground, we take a look at three quality bands that haven't gotten as much exposure yet as they should. This week, we will be taking a look at three bands who mix hard rocking sounds with synthesisers. Those of you who have read my posts in the Now Playing threads in our forums will probably be aware by now that I'm a big fan of synthpop and electronic music, particularly the likes of New Order and the Pet Shop Boys. So with this in mind, I went in search of bands that combine these digital sounds with the aggression of heavy metal. As it turns out, there’s quite a few bands out there melding the two, and it’s not a brand new experiment either. In 1998, nu metal outfit, Orgy covered one of the biggest hits by New Order, "Blue Monday" for the second single from their debut album, "Candyass." Make of it what you will.

Read on at:
http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=85449

PSB forever,
Don