[Introspective] Final results of poll on single remix of "Memory of the Future"

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 24 22:09:44 PST 2012

The final results are in for my PSB poll this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors what they think of the new Stuart Price single remix of
"Memory of the Future" in terms of how it compares with the original album
version. And the choice that received the most votes was:

* "I wouldn't say that the single mix is any better or worse than the
original album version -- just different," chosen by 25.7% of the voters.

button in the navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is something of a "spin-off," asking a
similar question, albeit in a greatly simplified form, about a number of Pet
Shop Boys singles -- specifically, those songs that were originally released
on a studio album but then later re-released as a single in a re-recorded or
very noticeably remixed (not merely edited) form. I'm wondering, in each of
those cases, which you prefer: the original album version or the single?
Thanks so much to Mark B for suggesting this terrific question!

And thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I wish you
all a wonderful week ahead!