[Introspective] Final results on PSB albums pop vs. art poll

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 24 23:30:20 PDT 2012

site visitors to categorize each of the Pet Shop Boys' studio albums as
either "pop" or "art." And here's how it all turned out:

* Albums that the majority of voters considered "pop" are "Please,"
"Actually," "Very," "Bilingual," "Nightlife," and "Yes."

* The album that the largest number of voters regarded as "pop" is "Yes,"
designated as such by 85.8% of the voters.

* Albums that a majority of voters considered "art" are "Introspective,"
"Behaviour," "Relentless," "Release," and "Fundamental."

* The album that the largest number of voters regarded as "art" is
"Behaviour," classified that way by 86.1% of them.

button in the navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is the first of a two-parter inspired by the
death one week ago of frequent PSB photographer/videographer Eric Watson.
I'm asking you to pick the PSB single that features your favorite Watson
photo of them on its sleeve. (Part 2 next week will ask you to pick your
favorite Watson-directed PSB video.) So please take a few moments to make
your choice right there on my home page. And thanks so much to Shayne for
suggesting this question in tribute to Mr. Watson.

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I wish you all a
very safe and happy week ahead!