[Introspective] Final results of poll on Format tracks that are "misses"

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 3 22:09:04 PST 2012

site visitors which tracks from "Format" they consider to be "misses" (as
opposed to "hits"). And the track that received the largest number of
votes -- that is, the "biggest miss" in the collective consciousness, so to
speak, of my site visitors -- is:

* "The Former Enfant Terrible," picked by 28.8% of the voters.

And, not so incidentally, the track that fared best, receiving the *fewest*
votes, is "No Time for Tears," which was declared a "miss" by only 2.3% of
the voters.

button in the navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is based on the notion, expressed quite often
in recent years in the music industry, that the CD single is "dead" as a
viable format. Now, I personally believe the Pet Shop Boys will continue to
issue CD singles in "general release" for the foreseeable future. But let's
assume for a moment that this is not the case. In case there are no
general-release CD singles from the next PSB studio album, what alternate
single format would you *most* prefer? Or would you prefer no single release
at all? So please take a moment to check out the choices provided right
there on my home page and place your vote. And thanks to Edwin Green for
suggesting this question!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you
all have a marvelous week ahead!