[Introspective] Final results of poll on describing the title "Elysium"

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 23 22:06:40 PDT 2012

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked my
site visitors which of various suggested adjectives they would choose to
describe the title of the upcoming new Pet Shop Boys album, "Elysium." And
the word that received the largest number of votes was:

* "intriguing," picked by 46.9% of voters.

button in the navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead once again deals with "Elysium," but in a
different way. I'm wondering, based on everything you've heard so far --
including, yes, the title, but also the preview track "Invisible" and the
fact that it was recorded in Los Angeles with the young American producer
Andrew Dawson, best known for his work with hip-hop artists -- how you would
summarize your expectations for the album. I'm offering several statements
that pretty much run the gamut, so I hope you can pick the one that comes
closest to expressing your feelings. So please, when you get the chance,
check the choices out right there on my home page and make your choice.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope
you all have a splendid week ahead!

Wayne
(who picked the word "splendid" this week specifically to thumb his nose at
a comment he recently read that "Real men don't use the word 'splendid'." On
the contrary, real men use any words they damn well please.)