[Introspective] Final results of poll on PSB performing at the Olympics

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 21 22:07:31 PDT 2012

site visitors their opinion of the prospect (still not yet officially
confirmed at this time, though reported by some press sources) of the Pet
Shop Boys performing at the closing ceremonies of the Olympics in London.
And the response that received the most votes was:

* "I think it's wonderful!" picked by 67.3% of the voters.

button in the navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead involves speculation about the Boys' cover of
the Bee Gees' 1968 hit "I Started a Joke," which will appear as a bonus
track on the CD single of "Winner," scheduled for release about two weeks
from now. As a big Bee Gees fan, I'm extremely eager to find out what
stylistic approach Chris and Neil have taken with it. And I'm wondering what
you think about it, too. What kind of "treatment" do you think they ought to
give this classic song? (And if the track is "leaked" or previewed before
you get a chance to vote, please don't let that stop you. Regardless of what
they actually do with it, what would have been your own personal
preference?) So please take a few moments to check out the choices I offer
right there on my home page and make your selection.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
hope you have a wonderful week ahead!