[Introspective] Final results of poll on the most "religious" PSB song

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 25 22:17:25 PST 2012

site visitors what they consider to be the most "religious" Pet Shop Boys
song. And the top vote-getter by an overwhelming margin was:

* "It's a Sin," selected by 49.5% of the voters (just a couple votes shy of
all the other choices put together).

button in the navigation bar.

My new survey for the week ahead is a slight modification of a question
suggested about two months ago by one of my site visitors, but I held off on
it until I could be reasonably confident that most of my site visitors had
either bought "Format" or least had ample opportunity to do so. "Ronald42"
proposed a "hit or miss" poll in which you indicate whether each track on
"Format" is, in your opinion, a PSB "hit" or "miss," with absolutely no
"in-between." At first I set up this poll to work in precisely that way: you
had to choose "hit" or "miss" for every single track.

But then it occurred to me that, being PSB fans, most of my site visitors
would in all likelihood choose "hit" for the large majority of tracks, with
only the comparatively rare exceptions being misses. I figured that would
mean a lot of needless (and somewhat tedious) clicking of a great many
checkboxes. So I reconfigured the survey on the assumption that you would
indeed consider most (if not all) of the "Format" tracks to be hits, thereby
only necessitating that you click the misses -- which, after all, by their
very nature as exceptions are the most interesting things to make note of.
And if you don't consider *anything* on "Format" be a miss, I've provided a
separate checkbox to capture that opinion as well. So please take a few
moments to make your choices right there on my home page. And to Ronald42
for this terrific poll suggestion!

Incidentally, my computer experienced some extremely serious system issues
only about a half-hour before I made these latest updates. I've managed to
recover somewhat, but not without some scary error messages. If I should "go
silent" for a while and not respond to any emails, it may be because my
computer is undergoing repair-or on its way to permanent retirement. I'll
keep you posted as I'm able. And I apologize in advance if you should
encounter any inconvenience.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope
you all have a marvelous week ahead!