[Introspective] Final results of poll on whether your parents and/or children are familiar with PSB

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 4 22:17:14 PST 2012

site visitors whether their children and/or parents are familiar with the
Pet Shop Boys. And the choice that received the most votes was:

* "Yes, and they like them, too!" selected by 43.8% of the voters.

button in the navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is a spin-off on one that I ran just week
before last. If you recall, I had asked my site visitors whether they would
like for the Boys' next studio album, which they're currently working on
with producer Andrew Dawson, to feature any collaborations with one or more
popular hip-hop artists. A plurality of the voters, roughly 40%, said, "No,
absolutely not!" Well, one of my longtime site visitors, Shayne, was
wondering whether a certain hypothetical situation might make a difference
in this outcome.

Let's say you somehow knew for sure that if the Boys were to release a
collaboration with Kanye West (or one of the other hip-hop stars with whom
Dawson has worked) as a single, it would hit #1 in the U.K., in the U.S.,
and/or (if you live elsewhere) your own country. How would you feel about
it? Would you support the idea of such a collaboration if a #1 single were
somehow guaranteed as a result? An interesting twist. So please take a
moment to make your choice -- a simple "Yes" or "No" -- right there on my
home page. And thanks so much to Shayne for suggesting it!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! I hope you all
have a wonderful week ahead!