[Introspective] Final results of poll on "Introspective" album versions vs. single versions

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 10 22:14:11 PDT 2011

site visitors which they prefer -- the album version or the single/7-inch
version -- of each of the songs on the Pet Shop Boys' album "Introspective."
And the results turned out to be:

* Majorities preferred the album versions of "Left to My Own Devices," "I
Want a Dog," "Domino Dancing," and "I'm Not Scared," but the single versions
of "Always on My Mind" and "It's Alright."

* The song with the strongest majority vote of all was (perhaps not
surprisingly) "I'm Not Scared," for which 82.2% of the voters preferred the
album version, as opposed to only 17.8% preferring the single version (by
Eighth Wonder).

button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is a rerun of a question that I asked more
than ten years ago (!) when I had far fewer site visitors. In fact, when I
asked it before, there were only 23 voters! I'm asking you to pick your
favorite officially released version -- not counting the album, single, or
live versions -- of each of the singles from "Actually." I expect this to be
the first of a non-consecutive series of such reruns of those 2001 questions
regarding favorite mixes/versions of singles. Thanks so much to Paul Atkin
for suggesting that I ask these questions again.

I'm also debuting a new (and only temporary) bonus feature on my website: a
PSB albums puzzle. You'll find links to it on both my home page and on my
"What's New?" page. I hope you'll have some challenging fun with it -- and
not find it *too* frustrating! ;-)

Finally, I couldn't let the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks go without
mention. So also on my "What's New?" page you'll find a personal
reminiscence of the events of that fateful day.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I
hope you all have a very safe and happy week ahead. Take care!