[Introspective] Final results of poll on PSB/Erasure collaboration

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 29 22:15:57 PDT 2011

site visitors whether they feel the Pet Shop Boys should collaborate somehow
with Erasure. The final tallies were very interesting, and whether "Yes" or
"No" came out on top all depends on how you look at it. More voters said
"No" than those who said "Yes" to any single *specific* collaboration:

* "No, I do not want the Pet Shop Boys and Erasure to collaborate in any
way!" chosen by 49.0% of the voters.

But if you tally all of the "Yes" voters together, you'll find that, with
51%, they outnumber the "No" voters (which was, after all, a little less
than half, just 49%). Of the "Yes" votes, the type of collaboration that
came out on top was:

* "They all perform together a song that they all wrote together," picked by
32.0% of the voters.

As for my second "bonus" survey this week, regarding how my site visitors
feel about the recent changes to my website, the plurality opinion was:

* "I like it, although I don't think it's substantially better than it was
before," selected by 27.2% of the voters.

To see the complete results for both polls, please visit my "Commentary"
site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click the "Past Survey
Results" button in the left navigation bar (or, on some mobile devices, in
the top nav bar).

My new poll for the week ahead was suggested by site visitor Andy P. We're
wondering about your all-time favorite PSB mashup with the music of another
artist. For the choices offered, I've listed a group of my own favorite
mashups, but of course I've also included a "some other mashup" option if
your own personal favorite isn't among them. Thanks so much to Andy for
suggesting this question!

And thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey. I hope you
all have a wonderful week ahead. And, if you observe the occasion, I wish
you a very safe and happy Halloween, too!