[Introspective] Final results of poll on "Subculture" with Chris vocal

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat May 21 21:40:02 PDT 2011

site visitors their general opinion of the new Stop Modernists remake of
"Subculture" with Chris Lowe on lead vocal. And the view that received the
most votes (nearly half) was:

* "Thumbs up" on both the track itself and Chris's vocal, picked by 46.2% of
the voters.

button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead was inspired by a recent online article in
which a writer referred to the Pet Shop Boys' song "Paninaro" as a
"satirical musical homage." So I'm wondering whether you agree that
"Paninaro" is satirical? Pretty simple, eh? Thanks to Sandy Shaw of the Pet
Shop Boys Community Forum for calling our attention to this article, thus
leading indirectly to this survey.

And I hope you don't mind that I've made this transition a bit earlier than
usual this week. I'm suffering from a bout of either stomach flu or food
poisoning, the effects of which come in waves, so I figured I should do my
updates during one of the periods in which I'm feeling comparatively OK.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I wish
you all a very happy and healthy week ahead -- with absolutely no bouts of
stomach flu or food poisoning!